Friday, June 12, 2009

Workshop: How Journalists Can Use LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter

I had the chance to attend a free workshop June 11 in Washington, D.C., on how journalists can use LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter for work. The speaker, Sree Sreenivasan, is a Columbia Journalism School professor, the Dean of Student Affairs and a social/new media expert. He also is co-founder of the Southeast Asian Journalists Association.

Sree gave us some great tips and tricks on using all three social media applications. All were interesting, but I found the LinkedIn tips the most helpful. I'm on LinkedIn, but frankly, I haven't done much with it.
Meanwhile, check out Sree's Twitter Tips for Newbies and Skeptics here .

The list of Sree's upcoming workshops is here. I strongly urge you to attend if he's coming to a city near you. I want to thank NABJ Digital Journalism Task Force chair (and VP Broadcast candidate) Andrew Humphrey for passing along the details of the D.C. workshop.

I'm hoping that we can get Sree to give his talk, either live or via a webinar, to NABJ members sometime before the end of the year. It's knowledge like this that will help our members remain competitive in an ever-shrinking field.

Finally, you can click here to listen to Sree's 1 hour, 35 minute session. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment