So I read this post from the Comms Corner blog with interest. The deal is that blogger Adam Vincenzini is swearing off reading a print newspaper for the next year. He notes the importance of doing this, since he's a PR professional that needs to feed his news habit. Under this experiment, he will:
- rely even more heavily on digital channels.
- spend more time on the websites of the papers I'd normally read.
- experiment with more apps, gadgets and widgets to deliver content from those outlets to me.
- My Factiva alerts and the like take on greater significance.
- probably read e-editions where possible (like the version of The Metro delivered to my inbox each day at 6am).
It will be interesting to follow Vicenzeni this year, and it will be even more interesting to see if he goes back to reading print publications in 2011. Watch this space!